The tech stocks underperformance in China carries over to the US, with Asia kicking the day in the red after the first case of Omicron got detected in China, while the latest research proves a lower protection provided by two doses of Pfizer’s and AstraZeneca’s shots against the new variant.
If analysts are agreeing on anything, it’s the fact that volatility will remain elevated throughout all this week, as the FED, ECB and BOE decide on interest rates, starting with the Federal Reserve tomorrow.
Here are some key events this week:
– Euro zone industrial production, Tuesday.
– U.S. PPI, Tuesday.
– China releases November industrial output, retail sales data, Wednesday.
– Fed rate decision, Wednesday.
– U.S. business inventories, retail sales, empire manufacturing, Wednesday.
– BOE rate decision, Thursday.
– ECB rate decision, Thursday.
– U.S. housing starts, initial jobless claims, industrial production, Thursday.
– BOJ monetary policy decision, Friday.
– S&P Dow Jones Indices quarterly rebalance effective after markets close, Friday.